Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Project #2

I decided I wanted to make myself some fingerless mitts. I found the pattern online and it looked really easy. The pattern says she used #5 needles. Wow, those are tiny, but even more so after using size 13 needles. I went to the yarn store in Brookfield and bought my first expensive yarn. It was $9.00 for a hank that needed to be made into a ball. It is made of alpaca and bamboo. I have no idea how they turn bamboo into yarn. I will have to Google that. This project is going to take a long time and it may not look good. I don't like using yarn that thin and I can't get good consistant tension. But I am being very careful, hoping I can do a good job. The pattern called to cast on 40 stitched but it was too small so I cast on 56. That's alot of stitches to knit every row when they are small and hard to knit. I really want to make socks but am afraid I won't be able to if I can't make these mitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment