Saturday, September 17, 2011

My cowl that turned into a neck warmer



The other day I was at my daughters cross country meet and it was cool and windy and I wished I had comething to put around my neck. I decided I was going to make a cowl. I came home and found a pattern for one I liked. It used Patons classic wool.

I wanted wool and not some cheap acrylic. Joann's came out with a bunch of coupons for %40 off. I grabbed one and went to Joann's to grab me some wool. But when I got there, the yarn was on sale! Even worse, the sale goes till Oct 1st. And guess when the coupons expire...Oct 1st. So all those coupons are worthless because the yarns
I would want are on sale. Very frustrating. So I went back to the drawing board.
The wool/alpaca yarn I bought at Sheep and Wool festival is sport weight and I want worsted at least. I went through my stash and didn't see anything I really wanted.
I found a bag at the bottom of my closet and grabbed it. What do you think I found? Patons? No. But I found a skein of Wool Ease thick and quick and a skein of Caron simply soft both in red.

I decided to use the acrylic (80/20 acrylic wool blend) and went to find a pattern that uses the wool ease. I did and this is how far I've gotton so far. I need 22 inches before I can think about binding off. I hope to have it done by Wendsday in case I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment