Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas knitting update

Well, I am working on the hat for Joel and the shawl for Grace. But...the hat looks terrible. The ribbing is bad and loose and holey. I decided I was going to finish it, gift it to Joel but as soon as he looks at it and tries it on I am taking it back, ripping it out and redoing it with smaller needles. I hope I can take what I learned knitting it and having him try it on so I can make it work finally. Why can't I do ribbing?

Grace's shawl will not get done either. It looks like it will take at least 3 skeins or maybe 4. I am not quite halfway through the second skein. I will gift it to her with the needles in it and then take it back and finish it however long it takes.

Hannah's hat: I decided to not knit it for Christmas but for her birthday. With the hat and the shawl I just don't have time. My interest on the hat and shawl is not what it should be. I am so interested in getting back to knitting for myself and for others that aren't my family.

I bought two skeins of sock today so I can cast on for another pair of socks in the new year. I have one pair on the needles which I will get back to in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment