Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What's up?

What have I been up to lately? Well, I've been knitting on Joel's hat. The ribbing looks great! I'm doing it on straight needles and trying to decide if I should just knit the whole thing on straights or switch to circular needles. If it ain't broke don't fix it keeps coming to mind. The other thing I'm working on is the legwarmers. I had to buy a larger size needle to accomodate my fat calfs. So far I've worked probably 2 inches on a size 5 and bought a size 6. I'm hoping it will be big enough but if not, I'll go up to a 7 when I need to. I'm enjoying it a lot although I had one problem where I lost some stitches but I think I fixed it.

For valentines Day Joel bought me a huglight. Here's a link: http://www.mylight.com/huglight-4-led-p-219.html

As of this writing I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it will give enough extra light to knit in the car and work on my black legwarmers easier.

I decided based on a podcast that I listen to I would pick a pattern from my favorites or my queue on Ravelry to show. This one is one I tagged as something I'd like to knit sometime. I hope the lik works for you and you can see the pattern. Here's the link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pipers-journey

I finally got to use my mittens that I knit! They are nice! They are warm and wool has the property that if it gets wet it insulates so you still stay warm. The idea behind those gansey fisherman sweaters. I may attempt to make another pair down the road. We will see how these hold up. I do think my tight knitting helps keep the cold out and keeps them from getting holes and stuff.

Tomorrow I have a day off so I will knit amd use my new huglight. Can't wait to try and knit in the car sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment