Friday, January 11, 2013

Toys and scarves

Look what I bought!

 
 
                                             
                                            The beige scarf, my thyroid scarf and Joel's hat.

                                                                      A scarf



                                                                      The poncho

I have two socks that I am working on that I didn't put in there along with a shawl and one or two other projects. I wanted something to put my knitting in to organize it and so I can let Daisy into the living room on a more permanant basis. It was 40% off and was $35.00 regular price. So far I really like it. I want to get some smaller ones to organize my odds and ends so I can get rid of the two baskets on either side of the rocker.

I started Joel's hat. I started two other things which will be gifts down the road. I am still working on what I now call my thyroid scarf.

It will cover up my scar quite nicely, if I can get it done. I am looking for the yarn in the color I have and I can't find it. It's after Chrsitmas so inventory is low. I have at least one more Joanns to look at before I give up and make it a double color scarf which I don't want to do. Problem is I don't have the ball band so I don't know what color it is called. It's light blue.

I decided that I am going to try and work exculsively on my 3 scarves in progress. This one and these two:





Not much progress made on either but I can wear these hopefully soon. I just knit a row of the maroon scarf and I forgot how soft and thick it is. I will work on this more. It's just that it is a very long scarf 47 inches long. That's why I don't work on it much. I fear I will never get it done. The beige one looks to be about half done. There is supposed to be 12 leaves and I have 6 done.




No comments:

Post a Comment