Monday, December 6, 2010

Why I wanted to learn to knit

My daughter got some Knifty Knitters a couple of years ago for a birthday gift. She loved it and knitted a few things. I took to it also and really enjoy it. But then my daughter was taught a bit on how to knit with needles and she has talked about it ever since. She has hooked me to. I walked into a nice knitting store one day and that was it. I saw a georgeous shawl I wanted to make. I tried to figure out a way to make it on the loom. But the more I studied stitches and patterns the more I wanted to learn to knit with needles. So I bought my daughter some needles, a book and some yarn for Christmas. I also bought myself some needles to give to myself as a gift.

But I have become obsessed with the thought of learning to knit. I found ome easy
beginner dishcloth pattern on the web and some very good teaching videos on the basics. So I decided I was going to use the needles I bought, learn in secret from my daughter. I will buy more needles (after I decide I really can knit and love it)wrap them up for myself for Christmas. I figure if I learn the basics, I can help my daughter if she has a problem. So here I am on the cusp of learning. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment