Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Anniversary to me!

Today December 6th is my 1 year knitting anniversary. A year ago today I sat down in front of the computer with needles and yarn and learned to knit. I haven't a lot to show for it. I have 11 projects done on Ravelry and 2 I knit on the knifty knitter loom. So I guess that's a total of 13 projects done in 1 year. I guess that's not bad. I have another 12 ready to be finished for next year. I am anxious to get started. I am going to have a fit of startitis when the new year hits. If you have never checked me out on Ravelry you can see all my finished projects, and patterns I would like to knit. Just go to www.ravelry.com. My user name is mlcspouse.

A quick update on my Christmas (turning into Valentine's day) knitting. The hat: I finally finished the 6,000 inches of ribbing. It was only 3 inches but ugh! I am now on the 10,000 miles of stockinette stitch. But doing it on circulars, I just knit every row to get the stockinette. I love it. I don't have to think. I haven't been working on the shawl. Grace commented that it was kinda small for the blanket I have told her it is going to be. I had the idea that I might have to knit a seperate panel to get it the right width. Sigh...The pattern called for cotton yarn. I am using thicker than worsted but not bulky yarn. I didn't swatch. I must learn to do that. It is supposed to be 11 inches wide. The last time I measured it, it was like 8or 9 inches wide.

I don't know if the hat will be done foe Christmas with all this ribbing and stocking stitch. I am a slow knitter but come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment