Monday, October 28, 2013

Wool

I have talked a bit about mitts that I made. But nothing I have knit has given me the feelings of deep joy that the Packer mitts gave me. The softness, not fuzzy alpaca/angora softness but it's own deep softness. The way this yarn knits up. It's beautiful! But what sent me over the edge was how warm these mitts are. How incredibly warm merino wool is. Are all wools this warm? 

I could feel myself in a sweater made out of this yarn. The thought of my upper body being as warm as my hands made me swoon. 

The other thing that got me was how stretchy the mitts were. No need for elastic or much ribbing. I just can't get over it. I think I have the mitts out of my system. It's back to the stocking. I finished the heel. Now the final slog to get to the toe. I think the heel looks ok so I will keep it. I don't know how long it will take to finish. I'm anxious because I want to start the hat and my socks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment