Thursday, June 2, 2011

Garage Sale finds







Today I was at my local yarn store and they were having a customer garage sale. The customers bring in items they want to sell, price them and then other customers come in to buy. I had a fairly successful trip. I didn't want to spend a lot because it is eating into the money for my big yarn trip in a couple of weeks. I did snag a circular needle carrying case for $2.00. I bought two circular needles and some double points. I also bought 2 Rowan sweater patters for $1.00. My biggest find was two partially used skeins of pure baby alpaca! It was only $1.00. I had to figure out how many yards I had and then find a pattern they would work with that yardage. I found a scarf pattern. I am working on it now. I hope to have it finished before the 17th when I leave for my trip. I want to be able to start a new project on the road if the mood strikes me. There was a lot of yarn-much unmarked and some marked. Some named yarn was priced high and some was cheap. I learned this was the first year they have done this garage sale. I'm sure it will continue. I had fun. Hope to do it again next year.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun, honey. We all need a hobby to keep us sane. Yours is knitting, mine is ham radio. I really hope you have tons of fun on your upcoming yarn-store=tour. I'm proud of you for teaching yourself how to knit. Not everyone could do that! I know that if I tried it it would not be a pretty sight. I'd probably end up accidentally strangling myself with the yarn. Love ya! - Your loving husband

    ReplyDelete