Sunday, June 26, 2011

My first cabled scarf


I decided I wanted to learn how to do cables. I found a pattern I liked-Cable Scarf by yarnhag. It can be found on Ravelry. I wish I knew how to link to my page on Ravelry. Anyone know how? The pattern calls for super chunky yarn and I had a skein in my stash so I went for it. Cables are easy! I really enjoy watching them form. The only problem with this scarf is that it's so chunky, it isn't very flexible so I don't know how easy it will be to wear. There is a hat that goes with it and I will see if I can drop down to a 5 in the yarn. The cables on the hat go around the brim and I'm afraid it will be to tight to fit anyone. This scarf and hat may end up as a gift to someone. I really want to make a cabled scarf for myself. I found a pattern that uses yarn I want to try-Malabrigo. Such soft squishy yarn. I have my eyes on that yarn for a sweater I want to make myself. But I have to lose weight first. I am trying to upload a pic but the kids have messed with the camera and now I can't get any pictures to upload. I will keep trying. In the meantime, here is a pic of what it is supposed to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment