Saturday, July 9, 2011

I have begun....


To learn to knit socks! Here is the beginning of the toe from the book "Personal Footprints for Insouciant Sock Knitters" by Cat Borhdi. Many questions I have are, am I knitting to tight? What do I do if I make a mistake? How do I rip out on something like this? The method is on 1 circular needle and half the stitches are on the cable. I put a lifeline in but do not know if it will help. I am most confused on sock yarn and what is the best and what thickness I will want to knit with most. But I keep knitting. It's hard because it's hard on my hands and shoulders for some reason. I think the thin yarn makes it hard and the dark colors of the yarn makes it harder to see. I am almost to the point of getting it over all my toenails comfortably like the book says. I will take a picture when I get to that stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment