Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Scarf frustration


I have started this scarf 3 times now. The first time was on plastic circs. I got to row 9 and then I noticed I had did something different back like around row 5 and there was a line-similar to using two vastly different dye lots. So I ripped it out. Cast on #2, I decided I didn't want to follow the directions and knit it in the round but as a normal scarf. Forgot to read directions and I was supposed to knit for an inch before I follow the pattern. I knit 1 row then started the pattern. Ugh! Rip again. Then I decided to use straight needles. Great got all 57 stitches on and knit one row till I realized I was using size 4 needles (the size my sock is in)instead of 7's or 8's. Rip it out again.

I am trying to decide if I should bother anymore and put it away and find another pattern for this 70's acrylic fake mohair yarn. The color is a light pink and I can't see myself wearing it unless I create an outfit for it. And that requires me to lose weight. Anyone have any ideas??? The picture is from the pattern that was posted on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment