Sunday, July 10, 2011

I realized something...

The book I am trying to make socks from, the author Cat Bordhi has taught the Turkish cast on. But she never says the name, she just teaches it. I realized this when I was reading a book of knitting stories and the author describes the cast on and says it's a Turkish cast on. I can't believe I know this cast on now. It really is simple-it's just harder with sock yarn and small needles. Another feather in my knitting hat. Funny thing is I can't do the long tail cast on. That is hard and one of the most common cast ons in patterns. I need to figure out of you can use the Turkish cast on with anything or is it just for things like socks. Here's a link to a tutorial of the Turkish cast on.

http://fluffyknitterdeb.blogspot.com/2005/10/knitting-made-easier-turkish-cast-on.html

No comments:

Post a Comment