Saturday, January 7, 2012

I can do ribbing!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured out I can do ribbing but it seems only on straight needles. it's looking good! I am relieved because I was starting to be convinced I couldn't do it. I don't know why I can't do ribbing on circular needles. It's looks awful! I forgot to say a couple of things in my last post about the yarn. It has a rustic look and feel to it. I asked Hannah to smell the yarn adn she said it smelled like animals. I can't smell it. But lots of people who knit with this yarn love the sheepy smell to it. I think it fades after you wash it. The yarn is also undyed, so it comes right off the sheep with a minimum of processing. The color is a creamy light beige. It's quite nice. I am glad I was able to buy some. I think I will love my mittens.

I have been going through a knitting slump because I have so many projects going and nothing is getting finished. I hope these mittens will give me the motivation I need to keep tackling my projects. I love this yarn. Ok, back to ribbing, I have at least 3 inches to do.

Oh, if you would like to read a review on this yarn click on the link.

http://www.knittersreview.com/article_yarn.asp?article=/review/product/080911_a.asp

Needless to say I am in love with this yarn and dreaming of a sweater in it...after I figure out how to get $16.00 x 8-10 balls or more of the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment