Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ribbing...I finally figured it out--this time for real!

Yes, I said I could do ribbing but I think I got lucky on my mittens. I was watching a video and it said you K2, P2 and then turn your work. When you do the next row you knit the knits and purl the purls. I was just doing K2, P2 every row. I figured that's that what you do! I feel like such a dork! I have been knitting for a year and hadn't figured this out. Maybe now I can do ribbing on a circular needle! I am so excited to try this "new" method!

Last night I ripped out the 4-5 rows of non-ribbing I had done and cast on 78 sttiches again. After work I will sit down and conquer this ribbing. Hopefully I can put one more knitting feather in my hat. I had said in an earlier post that I was doing the ssk wrong. So I fixed that technique I was doing wrong. Now if I could just make mittens without seams.

Here is a video that explains K2, P2 ribbing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcJ8rODUlVA

No comments:

Post a Comment