Monday, January 23, 2012

Second mitten progress

I am past the thumb opening on the second mitten. This one seems to be looking better but it's still far from perfect. I still love this yarn! I wish I could knit everything in it. I've given a lot of thought as to what to do with the first mitten. I decided last night I am not going to rip it out and start over. I am quickly getting tired of knitting mittens. I decided that I am going to rip out the thumb and try to widen it. With the second mitten, the pattern says to put 12 stitches on a holder. 12 is not enough, it is to snug. So I put 15 on a holder. Much better. I am also going to lenghten the thumb a row or two. But other than that I will not rip anything out. I will cover up the holes and weak spots. When these mittens are finished I will go outside and rough them up in the snow and get them wet trying to get them to felt. I want to wear these mittens more than I want then to look pretty. They are work mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment